Community/ Blog Frog

Find Me On BlogFrog!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Yucky Covered Strawberries

  Hey everyone, How is it going? All good here at the Yount's residents. Tonight was fun for me. We had youth tonight, as we do every Sunday night. I love Sunday nights. My youth rock my world. Yes MHBY, yaw are some of my favorite people in the whole world.

  Tonight was my turn to teach. Therefore, as the cruel youth leader I am, I decided to feed my youth something gross. (It gives me great pleasure to torture them.) I did an object lesson on rules and the reason for them. So for starters, I gave the kids raw veggies  to snack on before the lesson. While they were snacking I pulled out some chocolate covered strawberries. I took a huge bite out of one and smacked my lips in delight. I told them that they could have one as long as they passed the blue line taped at my feet. They all lined up in a row awaiting the prize that laid before them. As one of my youth took a bite out of the strawberry, her face shriveled with confusion. It was nasty! My kids didn't know that they were eating strawberries covered in unsweetened, bitter chocolate. It was not the same chocolate that I enjoyed in front of them a few minutes earlier. hahahahaha!!! I'm so evil!! Ok, I couldn't help myself.

    What does that have to do with rules, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. The fresh veggies represented what the Lord has to offer. They are fresh, pure, and good for you. However, most of the time we would rather have something other than veggies. The blue line taped at my feet represented boundaries, or rules. The chocolate covered strawberries represented sin or disobedience. The strawberries looked good and even smelled good, but when you bit into it, YUCK!! They were find a trash can right away nasty.

   Just like the illustration, we have rules to protect us. If we didn't have rules we could get hurt or worse. (or maybe eat something disgusting) Rules are also made to protect others. Think of how dangerous roads would be if there were no rules in driving. Needless to say, I would never drive. The most important reason we have rules, is to keep us close to God. When we obey God's commandments, we are closer to God. However, when we disobey God's rules we push ourselves away from Him. Who knew that feeding nasty stuff to the kids could be so educational. Lol......Have to go to bed, my husband is giving me a curfew. uuuuhhhhhh RULES!!!!! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment