Community/ Blog Frog

Find Me On BlogFrog!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Date Night!!!

Wow, tonight rocked my world. I had a load of fun spending time with my hubby. He is an incredible man. I know.....sorry, I don't mean to bore you! I just had a great night, and it is flowing out of me. It's days like today that take me back to when we were dating. It feels like yesterday.................................
.....................................................................................................................................................
I was 16 years old. I recently started my first job at K-mart. I was working the register. My mother was also working that day. She was running the register in the garden shop, and I went to go and see her on my break. Popping my head through the door, I caught my mom's eye. She motioned for me to come over to her. She asked, "Have you ever met Eddie"? "Naw, I don't think so", I replied. (you see my mom had a habit of introducing me to everyone....and I mean absolutely everyone!!!!!) She called out to this guy who was watering the plants outside. "Hey Eddie!! 'Come and meet my daughter'".  In came this tall, skinny guy with sunglasses. He had sweat pouring off of his body. He looked down at me, and said,"Teresa this is your daughter?" He acted like the coyote in the cartoon with the club singer. It seemed he couldn't keep his eyes from hanging out of his head during our little introduction.
Anyway, that's not the funny thing. that night when I got home my mom asked me if I remembered talking to Eddie. She said, "He wanted me to give this to you". I looked at what she handed to me. It was a receipt with a note and a tiny, dead flower taped on the back. It read,"Roses are red, violets are blue, sorry the flower is dead, but forever I will love you". At first, I thought he was freak, but the more I looked the more I liked him. Who knew that I would find my true love in a blue light special!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment